Vaginal dryness or loss of lubrication is a common but treatable issue, and can happen at any age. Vaginal dryness can have physical or psychological causes.
It is often closely tied to levels of the hormone estrogen, which changes at various life stages. The hormone estrogen helps to keep the vagina moist and to maintain the thickness of the vaginal lining.
Atrophic vaginitis (vulvovaginal atrophy) is a common condition that can occur when the ovaries produce a decreased amount of estrogen, which includes the prominent symptom of vaginal dryness.
Symptoms of vaginal dryness
A women may have vaginal dryness if she:
• feels soreness or itching in and around her vagina
• feels pain or discomfort during intercourse
• needs to pee more often than usual
• keep getting urinary tract infections (UTIs)
These things may make her feel less confidant and not wanting to have sex.
Causes of vaginal dryness
A woman can get vaginal dryness if she:
• is not aroused during sex
• is going through menopause
• is breastfeeding
• taking contraceptive pills or antidepressants
• had her womb removed (a hysterectomy)
• has taken cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy
• uses perfumed soaps, washes or douches in and around her vagina
• have an underlying condition, such as diabetes or Sjögren’s syndrome
These things can cause a change in the hormonal levels and thus negatively affect vaginal discharge thus causing dryness.
How to treat vaginal dryness yourself using wellness products
One can try and resolve this issue oneself easily by using safe and Natural products available in the market place.
In a 2013 study, lubricant use was associated with higher ratings of sexual pleasure and satisfaction in both solo masturbation and partnered sexual activities. More than 9 out of 10 women in the study agreed or strongly agreed that lube made sex feel “more comfortable,” “more pleasurable,” and simply “better” (9).
• Use water-based lubricant gel before sex
• Use only Safe products that are made with Natural actives and Ingredients
• Use vaginal lubricants & moisturisers regularly to keep vagina moisturised & also act as stimulants
• Use unperfumed soaps and washes around vagina
• Try to enjoy more foreplay so you feel more aroused during sex
One should not do the following:
• Do not use perfumed soaps, washes and any douches in and around your vagina
• Do not put general oil based body creams or lotions or petroleum jelly, as it can cause an infection
• Do not use moisturisers that are not meant for vagina
Commercial lubricants for women are safe for most people.
However, as with any healthcare product, they present some risks, including:
• allergic reactions
• skin irritation
• yeast infections
• interfering with fertility
• drying up quickly, requiring frequent reapplication
It may be a risk to use these products without proper understanding or knowledge regarding the ingredients used in it. One must use products that claim to be Natural & Safe, Non-Carcinogenic, Hypoallergenic, Sulphate and Paraben Free.
Vigini Lubricating Stimulating Gel is made with best quality Natural actives & ingredients after thorough research of most effective ingredients that promise excellent satisfactory results.
Vigini Lubricating Gel is Natural & Safe, Non-Carcinogenic, Hypoallergenic, Sulphate and Paraben Free and can be ordered online thru all e-commerce portals. These come in discreet packaging to safe guard interest of its customers.